When parents are looking at residential treatment options for their child, an out-of-state placement can feel like a last resort. On the contrary, having your child attend treatment outside of New Jersey can be one of the most loving decisions you’ll ever make. The right program will make you feel closer than ever before, no matter how far away he is. One of the best residential treatment centers for teenage boys struggling with trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from New Jersey and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. Our beautiful location north of Denver provides a peaceful and welcoming space for our students.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. This small-program atmosphere coupled with our evidence-based and holistic approaches provides an unparalleled treatment experience for our students.
This relationship-based work is infused into all parts of our programming at Red Mountain Colorado. We help each student recognize that the relationship they have with their own self is foundational for the rest of the relationships they have in their lives. This allows us to transition into teaching self-care and self-regulation skills, as they will be important for each boy’s long-term health and healing.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your New Jersey teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your son from New Jersey need time to work through his behavioral issues issues? Are you worried that these issues are worsened by other mental health issues? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our teen-focused residential treatment center serves boys ages 14-17 that are struggling with trauma, depression, and more. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is based in a picturesque town north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of New Jersey, we serve clients from around the country, including New Jersey.
At our leading residential treatment center, we believe healing is a whole-person experience. This means we can’t “just” focus on the behavior that brought our students here – though that is an important consideration – it means that we need to understand and heal the underlying issues surrounding each student’s trauma. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use the following approaches to help teens heal in a whole-person way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
With this combination of modalities, our residential treatment center ensures that teens from New Jersey are able to utilize the approaches that best work for their unique situation and needs.
- How to Get Creative with Fun Activities During QuarantineSocial distancing and quarantining have changed the way many of our families live their day to day lives. Many parents are working from home and children are doing online learning. Many of the activities we enjoyed doing as a family are now suspended or physical spaces are closed. This is... Read more »
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- Moody Teen or Mood Disorder: How to Spot the DifferenceWith all of the changes that an adolescent’s body goes through, it’s common for teens to experience mood swings from time to time. However, sometimes what appears as typical teenage moodiness can actually be warning signs of a developing mood disorder such as depression or bipolar disorder. Understanding and recognizing... Read more »