As a parent, if you are looking at residential treatment programs that are out of state, if can feel like you might have run out of options. On the contrary, having your child attend treatment outside of New Mexico can be one of the most loving decisions you’ll ever make. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from New Mexico and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado is an innovative residential treatment center for boys. Our picturesque campus is just north of Denver offers a tranquil and welcoming place for our students to heal and grow.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. Our small-program feel combined with evidence-based and whole-person approaches offers true connection and meaningful relationships, which leads to therapeutic success for our students.
This relationship-based approach extends to all parts of the work we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help each student recognize that the relationship they have with their own self is foundational for the rest of the relationships they have in their lives. This then easily dovetails with learning self-regulation and self-care skills, which are critical for our students’ future healing and success.
If Red Mountain Colorado might be right for your child from New Mexico, please call to find out more about our comprehensive residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your son from New Mexico need time to work through his behavioral issues issues? Are you worried that these issues are worsened by other mental health issues? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center for teenage boys works with 14-17 year-olds that are experiencing struggles with behavioral and emotional issues. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of New Mexico, we serve clients from around the country, including New Mexico.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. This means that while we do need to focus on the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s equally important to look beyond those behaviors and address the underlying core beliefs that have led teens to use substances to cope. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using this variety of therapeutic modalities, our residential treatment center helps New Mexico teens find the approaches that work best for them and their individual needs.
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- Having Conversations Around Mental Health With Your ChildAmerica is facing an ongoing mental health crisis and teenagers are among some of the hardest hit groups for mental disorders. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five teenagers between 14-18 will experience at least one severe mental disorder during their life. Having open lines of... Read more »
- How To Use Music When You Feel OverwhelmedBeing a teenager can feel constantly overwhelming as adolescents try to balance school, home, and social responsibilities. To help ease the pressures they are feeling, it can be beneficial to identify healthy methods of coping with stress and anxiety. One coping mechanism that can have positive outcomes is music therapy. The... Read more »