As a parent, if you are looking at residential treatment programs that are out of state, if can feel like you might have run out of options. But it’s actually the opposite – having your child receive treatment away from North Carolina can be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from North Carolina and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado is an innovative residential treatment center for boys. Our picturesque campus is just north of Denver offers a tranquil and welcoming place for our students to heal and grow.
With our leadership team onsite, you know that we are providing support, guidance, and relational connection with our entire extended family at Red Mountain Colorado. Our small-program feel combined with evidence-based and whole-person approaches offers true connection and meaningful relationships, which leads to therapeutic success for our students.
This relationship-based approach extends to all parts of the work we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help students understand that the relationship they have with themselves underpins all the other relationships in their lives. This sets the stage for learning about self-care and self-regulation, which will be important for each student’s long-term success and healing.
If Red Mountain Colorado sounds like the help your North Carolina child needs, please reach out to learn more about our holistic residential treatment center. Our compassionate team is here to help; call (877) 302-5022 to discuss your child’s needs.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your teen from North Carolina need some time to work through his issues related to maladaptive coping behaviors? And are you concerned that these issues are further complicated by his other mental health concerns? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our whole-person approach offers long-lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is set in a lovely town just north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of North Carolina, we serve clients from around the country, including North Carolina.
At our top residential treatment center, we believe that in order to heal, we need to consider this a whole-person experience. This means that while we do need to focus on the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s equally important to look beyond those behaviors and address the underlying core beliefs that have led teens to use substances to cope. Using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps students access the underlying issues that brought them here. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using these modalities in combination with one another, our residential treatment center helps North Carolina teens achieve healing by identifying the approaches that best meet their unique needs.
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »