We know and understand there are many factors that come into play when researching and selecting a transitional program for your child. As the parent or loved one of a teen who has struggled, you want to ensure the program you choose meets all of your requirements. One of the most important criteria for enrollment at Red Mountain Colorado is having the student and their family on board with treatment and continued outside support and structure in order to facilitate healthy growth and independence. Admitting your child into treatment can be overwhelming. Our process is designed to determine if Red Mountain is a good fit for your family by learning about you and your student’s particular needs. Below is a step-by-step explanation of our process.
Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification and support. We will stay with you from start to finish.
Step by Step Process:
1. Family/Consultant/Provider – Contact our Admissions Team to discuss the potential student to learn more and determine if appropriate for admission.
We are available to answer your questions.
2. Family – Complete the online application. Click Here
3. We require all students complete at least a 30-day primary treatment program, such as wilderness therapy or residential treatment, and are abstaining from substance use.
4. Family/Consultant/Provider – Share any previous psychological evaluations or testing within the last 2 years.
5. A comprehensive review is done with our team of information to ensure that the student is appropriate for Admission. This includes conversations with current provider and all parties.
6. Family – If timing allows and family is able, schedule an in-person tour of our program. If you are not able to visit in person, we are happy to schedule a Virtual tour.
Our team is excited to meet you and share how we can support your family and teen in the next stage of their journey.
7. Family – Complete forms for ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) and Verification of Insurance Benefits. These forms do not commit your family or student to admission, but do take time to get processed and having them approved and in place will speed up the enrollment process once the decision is made.
8. After gathering all information – A call is scheduled with the Prospective student and our Executive team to answer any questions they may have about Red Mountain Colorado, as well as final evaluation for admission approval
9. Upon Red Mountain Colorado confirming Student is Approved for Admission, and Family and Student accepts admission…Logistics and final paperwork begin, enrollment date is confirmed. Intake forms are sent electronically, and request for all required information (medical records, therapist referral, immunization record, school paperwork). All enrollment documents must be completed and returned prior to student enrollment.
Students can be admitted Monday – Thursday. Arrival time will be determined based on day of week and arrival method for student. We recommend direct transition from program to program. This ensures a student’s continued sobriety and reduces anxiety for both student and family during the transition.
In an effort for students and families to have a smooth transition to RM Colorado, we do schedule enrollments Monday thru Thursday. This allows students and families to have availability of Executive, Administrative, and Clinical teams upon arrival. **We do not accept weekend or after-hour enrollments**
If Family is driving the student to Red Mountain – arrival time will be determined based on the day of arrival – We estimate that the family will be onsite approximately 2 hours. This allows time for a tour of our main buildings, introductory meeting with the students primary Therapist, and to meet members of the Executive team before departure.
If Student is transitioning without family – RM Colorado will send a staff driver to meet student at the airport arrival gate. There is a $150 transportation charge for this service.