Has your Utah teen’s behavior gotten to the point that you are unsure what to do? If your son is having issues with trauma and depression, it can be a difficult and isolating time while you figure out how to get them the best help. Fortunately, there is an ideal treatment option available for troubled Utah teens available: Red Mountain Colorado.
Red Mountain Colorado is a troubled teen residential treatment center for boys 14-17. And although this leading residential treatment center that serves troubled boys is in Colorado, we help teens from all over the United States, including Utah.
At Red Mountain Colorado, your son from Utah will receive an incredible amount of therapeutic support – with weekly individual, group, and family therapy along with daily check-ins. We have intentionally selected evidence-based approaches that work with the tendencies of our teenage population and support their needs. This is why we utilize a variety of therapeutic modalities so we can find the practices and approaches that are the best fit for your Utah teenager.
During your teen’s time at Red Mountain Colorado, they will be able to keep up with their school work. Our academic program is accredited, which ensures that the credits your son earns will easily transfer onto his next school. Our academic space includes a state-of-the-art classroom and several individual study areas, where our students attend classes everyday in order to mirror a traditional school setting. With our online coursework, students are able to select from a wide variety of course options so they can earn the credits they need.
Comprehensive Clinical Approach for Utah Troubled Teens
For Utah teens that are in trouble with risky behaviors, they need a clinically sophisticated approach that will address all the things causing their challenges and lead to lasting healing. And while this comprehensive treatment usually isn’t available at home, it is available in a residential treatment center.
Red Mountain Colorado is a leading residential treatment center for teenage boys. At Red Mountain Colorado, teenagers ages 14-17 receive evidence-based and trauma-informed treatment, as well as the other mental health challenges.
Our residential treatment center for troubled teens uses a variety of therapeutic modalities in order to reach our students. Some of these include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Experiential therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- 12 Steps programming
- Mindfulness and meditation
Each modality and approach is designed to address your Utah child’s specific needs. Using an individualized master treatment plan created specifically for your soon, we identify goals and markers for his therapeutic process.
Red Mountain Colorado is north of Denver, CO and helps adolescents from around the country, including Utah. In fact, our residential treatment center is intentionally designed to serve families from out-of-state, with weekly family therapy via video conference and phone calls.
Red Mountain Colorado’s holistic approach to treatment and care will offer your Utah son lasting change and healing.
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »
- Panic Attacks: What They Are and How To HelpIf you are the parent of an anxious teen, your child could be particularly vulnerable to experiencing panic attacks. Panic attacks can occur out of the blue, so to best help your teen navigate through these frightening experiences, it’s important to know what they are and how to provide coping... Read more »