If you have a teen that is acting out, it can be a stressful and scary situation. All their life, you’ve always wanted whatever is in their best interest and have worked hard to give them every opportunity possible. Yet if your child from Idaho is engaging in risky behaviors to cope with their emotions, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. To give your child the best level of care, having them leave home in Idaho might be the most compassionate and loving thing you can do for them. By looking at teen-specific residential treatment centers that help Idaho families, you can ensure that your son has access to the interventions and programming that he needs to thrive, now and in the future.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in Greeley, Colorado. We help teens from all over the country, including Idaho.
One of the best residential treatment centers for Idaho boys is Red Mountain Colorado. This Colorado residential treatment center – or RTC – is specifically a teen, trauma-focused program that serves adolescent boys ages 14-17.
While receiving evidence-based therapy, students are also learning mindfulness techniques that they will be able to take with them after they leave. Because just as we need to help them heal their past, we need to help them prepare for their futures. With these skills, students will be able to effectively cope in situations that could have been triggering for them in the past.
Red Mountain Colorado’s residential treatment center helps to answer the question of “what can I do?” that parents often grapple with. While we are located out of state in Colorado, you will feel more connected to your son than ever before with our family programming. And the knowledge of him being somewhere safe and sound is completely priceless.
If your child from Idaho needs more help than you can give at home, Red Mountain Colorado is ready to help. If you’d like to learn how our residential treatment center can help your teen, please call (877) 302-5022 today.
Find Clinically Sophisticated Teen Treatment at our Residential Treatment Center
To make treatment a successful experience, it’s important that the therapeutic programs you are considering meet all of your Idaho teen’s needs. With Red Mountain Colorado, our teen-focused residential treatment center is tailored to meet the complex needs of teenagers. This approach includes:
– Trauma-Informed Clinical Care: Research studies tell us that there is a relationship between substance abuse and other mental health issues. Sometimes parents aren’t aware of the trauma their child has experienced, and this approach is still appropriate for those unsure of their child’s trauma history. As a trauma-informed program, Red Mountain Colorado ensures that all aspects of our clinical program – individual, group, and family therapy – will help students from Idaho simultaneously heal from past trauma while also receiving treatment related to other mental health challenges.
– Engaging Academic Programming: For any teen – in treatment or not – school is an important part of their development. These developmental benefits are just as important as making sure your son is keeping up with his peers academically while he is in treatment. To create a classroom that has a traditional learning environment, Red Mountain Colorado has engaging academics that take place five days a week. Our residential treatment center’s accredited curriculum has a wide range of courses in order to effectively prepare your son for the next step, whether that is continuing high school in Idaho or going onto college.
– Whole-Person Healing: At Red Mountain Colorado, our years of experience working with adolescents in treatment has shown us the profound effects of movement, play, and the great outdoors. That’s why we have intentionally incorporated yoga, mindfulness, adventure therapy, and experiential therapy into the students’ daily and weekly routines. From traditional meditation to equine therapy to rock climbing, we want our students to see the powerful effects of getting out of their heads and into their bodies.
With these programming components and more, Red Mountain Colorado offers a residential treatment center that rises above the rest. We can help your Idaho teen find his happiness again and start him on a healthy path toward a bright future.
- Adventure Therapy: Safe, Fun, and MeaningfulThe term adventure therapy applies to a wide range of experiential outdoor therapy modalities. It works well with other treatments in improving self-esteem, empathy, and overall mental health. Imagine spending an afternoon hiking through the mountains: Beautiful, vibrant trees and plant life are all around you and the smell of... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- Panic Attacks: What They Are and How To HelpIf you are the parent of an anxious teen, your child could be particularly vulnerable to experiencing panic attacks. Panic attacks can occur out of the blue, so to best help your teen navigate through these frightening experiences, it’s important to know what they are and how to provide coping... Read more »