If you have a teen that is acting out, it can be a stressful and scary situation. You always want what’s best for your child and want to give them every opportunity to succeed. Yet if your child from Illinois is engaging in risky behaviors to cope with their emotions, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. To give your child the best level of care, having them leave home in Illinois might be the most compassionate and loving thing you can do for them. By looking at teen-specific residential treatment centers that help Illinois families, you can ensure that your son has access to the interventions and programming that he needs to thrive, now and in the future.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in Greeley, Colorado. We help teens from all over the country, including Illinois.
Red Mountain Colorado is considered one of the top residential treatment centers for Illinois teens. Located in Colorado, this trauma focused residential treatment center works with boys ages 14-17 that are struggling with behavioral and emotional issues.
While students receive evidence-based therapy, they are also learning different mindfulness skills that will help them along their journey. We know that it is important to both heal from the past while developing for the future. Armed with these skills, each student will be better able to cope and process situations that would have been triggering to them before treatment.
Red Mountain Colorado’s residential treatment center helps to answer the question of “what can I do?” that parents often grapple with. Although our program is located out-of-state and in Colorado, with our intentional family work you will feel more connected to your son than when he was living at home. Knowing that your child is safe and getting healthy is a priceless feeling.
If your teen from Illinois needs help, Red Mountain Colorado is ready to offer support. Learn more about our leading residential treatment center by calling (877) 302-5022 today.
Find Clinically Sophisticated Teen Treatment at our Residential Treatment Center
To make the most of your Illinois child’s therapeutic experience, it’s crucial to find a program designed to meet all of their needs. At Red Mountain Colorado, our teen-specific residential treatment center is designed around the evolving needs of adolescents. This approach includes:
– Trauma-Informed Clinical Care: Research studies tell us that there is a relationship between substance abuse and other mental health issues. Even if the trauma isn’t something that parents are fully aware of, teens can benefit from this evidence-based approach to care. Because Red Mountain Colorado is a trauma-informed residential treatment center, we make sure that all our therapies – individual, group, and family – along with other interventions are designed to support teens in the best way possible as they heal from past trauma.
– Engaging Academic Programming: An important part of any adolescent’s development is attending school. These developmental benefits are just as important as making sure your son is keeping up with his peers academically while he is in treatment. To replicate the feel of a traditional classroom experience, Red Mountain Colorado’s students participate in our engaging academic program five days each week. Our residential treatment center’s academic program is accredited and the curriculum includes a wide variety of courses, ensuring your son is ready for what comes next – whether that’s finishing high school close to home or going to college.
– Whole-Person Healing: At Red Mountain Colorado, our years of experience working with adolescents in treatment has shown us the profound effects of movement, play, and the great outdoors. That’s why we have intentionally incorporated yoga, mindfulness, adventure therapy, and experiential therapy into the students’ daily and weekly routines. Between equine therapy and traditional meditation and rock climbing, the overarching goal is to help students get out of their heads and shift into being fully present in their bodies.
With all this and more, Red Mountain Colorado’s teen residential treatment center stands out from the rest. With our approach, we can help your Illinois child achieve wholeness and find a healthy and happy future.
- How To Use Music When You Feel OverwhelmedBeing a teenager can feel constantly overwhelming as adolescents try to balance school, home, and social responsibilities. To help ease the pressures they are feeling, it can be beneficial to identify healthy methods of coping with stress and anxiety. One coping mechanism that can have positive outcomes is music therapy. The... Read more »
- The Healing Journey: How To Help Teens Overcome Childhood TraumaTraumatic experiences in children are surprisingly common, with over 60% of teenagers ages 14-17 having experienced at least one traumatic event in their lives. These events can be described as distressing experiences that result in long-term negative impacts on physical and emotional well-being. If your child has suffered through a... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »