Parents that are looking at an out-of-state placement may feel as though this is a last-ditch treatment option. But actually, parents find that having their child attend treatment outside of North Dakota can have a profound impact on their success and future. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. One of the best residential treatment centers for teenage boys struggling with trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from North Dakota and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado is a unique residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. This small-program atmosphere coupled with our evidence-based and holistic approaches provides an unparalleled treatment experience for our students.
Our relationship-based approach guides everything we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help each student recognize that the relationship they have with their own self is foundational for the rest of the relationships they have in their lives. This then easily dovetails with learning self-regulation and self-care skills, which are critical for our students’ future healing and success.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your North Dakota teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your North Dakota teen need to take time to work on his issues around risky behaviors? And are you concerned that these issues are further complicated by his other mental health concerns? If this describes your teen, Red Mountain Colorado is something that could help your child and your family. Our residential treatment center for teenage boys works with 14-17 year-olds that are experiencing struggles with behavioral and emotional issues. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is based in a picturesque town north of Denver. Although our leading residential treatment center is located away from North Dakota, we work with teens from around the country, including from North Dakota.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. With evidence-based modalities, Red Mountain Colorado works with teens to address the underlying issues that brought them to our residential treatment center. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using these modalities in combination with one another, our residential treatment center helps North Dakota teens achieve healing by identifying the approaches that best meet their unique needs.
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »
- Panic Attacks: What They Are and How To HelpIf you are the parent of an anxious teen, your child could be particularly vulnerable to experiencing panic attacks. Panic attacks can occur out of the blue, so to best help your teen navigate through these frightening experiences, it’s important to know what they are and how to provide coping... Read more »