Parents that are looking at an out-of-state placement may feel as though this is a last-ditch treatment option. On the contrary, having your child attend treatment outside of Oklahoma can be one of the most loving decisions you’ll ever make. The right program will make you feel closer than ever before, no matter how far away he is. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from Oklahoma and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. Our picturesque campus is just north of Denver offers a tranquil and welcoming place for our students to heal and grow.
With our leadership team onsite, you know that we are providing support, guidance, and relational connection with our entire extended family at Red Mountain Colorado. Our relationship-based small program combined with evidenced-based approaches gives students an understanding of true healing and authentic, healthy relationships.
This relationship-based approach extends to all parts of the work we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help students understand that the relationship they have with themselves underpins all the other relationships in their lives. This sets the stage for learning about self-care and self-regulation, which will be important for each student’s long-term success and healing.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your Oklahoma teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your Oklahoma teen need to take time to work on his issues around risky behaviors? And are you concerned that these issues are further complicated by his other mental health concerns? If this is the case, Red Mountain Colorado could be just what you and your family need. Our residential treatment center for teenage boys works with 14-17 year-olds that are experiencing struggles with behavioral and emotional issues. Our holistic approach to healing offers lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. And even though our top residential treatment center is outside of Oklahoma, we help teens from all over, including teens from Oklahoma.
At our leading residential treatment center, we believe healing is a whole-person experience. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using this variety of therapeutic modalities, our residential treatment center helps Oklahoma teens find the approaches that work best for them and their individual needs.
- Adventure Therapy: Safe, Fun, and MeaningfulThe term adventure therapy applies to a wide range of experiential outdoor therapy modalities. It works well with other treatments in improving self-esteem, empathy, and overall mental health. Imagine spending an afternoon hiking through the mountains: Beautiful, vibrant trees and plant life are all around you and the smell of... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- Moody Teen or Mood Disorder: How to Spot the DifferenceWith all of the changes that an adolescent’s body goes through, it’s common for teens to experience mood swings from time to time. However, sometimes what appears as typical teenage moodiness can actually be warning signs of a developing mood disorder such as depression or bipolar disorder. Understanding and recognizing... Read more »