As a parent, if you are looking at residential treatment programs that are out of state, if can feel like you might have run out of options. But it’s actually the opposite – having your child receive treatment away from Oregon can be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. The right program will make you feel closer than ever before, no matter how far away he is. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This top Colorado residential program for struggling teens works with Oregon teenage boys ages 14-17 years old.
Red Mountain Colorado is an innovative residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. Our relationship-based small program combined with evidenced-based approaches gives students an understanding of true healing and authentic, healthy relationships.
This relationship-based approach extends to all parts of the work we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help students understand that the relationship they have with themselves underpins all the other relationships in their lives. This sets the stage for learning about self-care and self-regulation, which will be important for each student’s long-term success and healing.
If Red Mountain Colorado might be right for your child from Oregon, please call to find out more about our comprehensive residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your son from Oregon need time to work through his behavioral issues issues? Do you feel like these issues are compounded by other mental health concerns? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our whole-person approach offers long-lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is based in a picturesque town north of Denver. Although our leading residential treatment center is located away from Oregon, we work with teens from around the country, including from Oregon.
At our leading residential treatment center, we believe healing is a whole-person experience. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using this variety of therapeutic modalities, our residential treatment center helps Oregon teens find the approaches that work best for them and their individual needs.
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- How To Use Music When You Feel OverwhelmedBeing a teenager can feel constantly overwhelming as adolescents try to balance school, home, and social responsibilities. To help ease the pressures they are feeling, it can be beneficial to identify healthy methods of coping with stress and anxiety. One coping mechanism that can have positive outcomes is music therapy. The... Read more »
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »