Parents that are looking at an out-of-state placement may feel as though this is a last-ditch treatment option. But actually, parents find that having their child attend treatment outside of Rhode Island can have a profound impact on their success and future. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. A top residential treatment center for adolescents that have trauma related issues is Red Mountain Colorado. This well-respected Colorado residential treatment program helps teenage boys ages 14-17 from Rhode Island and all over the United States.
Red Mountain Colorado is a unique residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. Our small-program feel combined with evidence-based and whole-person approaches offers true connection and meaningful relationships, which leads to therapeutic success for our students.
This relationship-based work is infused into all parts of our programming at Red Mountain Colorado. We work with each student to help them understand that all the relationships in their lives are built upon the relationship they have with themselves. This then easily dovetails with learning self-regulation and self-care skills, which are critical for our students’ future healing and success.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your Rhode Island teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our dedicated team is ready to discuss your child’s situation and share how we can help at (877) 302-5022.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your teen from Rhode Island need some time to work through his issues related to maladaptive coping behaviors? Are you worried that these issues are worsened by other mental health issues? If this is the case, Red Mountain Colorado could be just what you and your family need. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our whole-person approach offers long-lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of Rhode Island, we serve clients from around the country, including Rhode Island.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. This means we can’t “just” focus on the behavior that brought our students here – though that is an important consideration – it means that we need to understand and heal the underlying issues surrounding each student’s trauma. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use the following approaches to help teens heal in a whole-person way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using these modalities in combination with one another, our residential treatment center helps Rhode Island teens achieve healing by identifying the approaches that best meet their unique needs.
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »
- Adventure Therapy: Safe, Fun, and MeaningfulThe term adventure therapy applies to a wide range of experiential outdoor therapy modalities. It works well with other treatments in improving self-esteem, empathy, and overall mental health. Imagine spending an afternoon hiking through the mountains: Beautiful, vibrant trees and plant life are all around you and the smell of... Read more »