As a parent, if you are looking at residential treatment programs that are out of state, if can feel like you might have run out of options. But it’s actually the opposite – having your child receive treatment away from South Carolina can be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. With the right program, you will feel closer to your son than you ever have, no matter the distance. A top residential treatment center for adolescents that have trauma related issues is Red Mountain Colorado. This leading residential treatment program located in Colorado serves boys ages 14-17 from South Carolina and around the country.
Red Mountain Colorado is an innovative residential treatment center for boys. Our beautiful location north of Denver provides a peaceful and welcoming space for our students.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. Our relationship-based small program combined with evidenced-based approaches gives students an understanding of true healing and authentic, healthy relationships.
This relationship-based approach extends to all parts of the work we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help each student recognize that the relationship they have with their own self is foundational for the rest of the relationships they have in their lives. This allows us to transition into teaching self-care and self-regulation skills, as they will be important for each boy’s long-term health and healing.
If Red Mountain Colorado might be right for your child from South Carolina, please call to find out more about our comprehensive residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your South Carolina teen need to take time to work on his issues around risky behaviors? Do you feel like these issues are compounded by other mental health concerns? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of South Carolina, we serve clients from around the country, including South Carolina.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. This means we can’t “just” focus on the behavior that brought our students here – though that is an important consideration – it means that we need to understand and heal the underlying issues surrounding each student’s trauma. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using this variety of therapeutic modalities, our residential treatment center helps South Carolina teens find the approaches that work best for them and their individual needs.
- How to Get Creative with Fun Activities During QuarantineSocial distancing and quarantining have changed the way many of our families live their day to day lives. Many parents are working from home and children are doing online learning. Many of the activities we enjoyed doing as a family are now suspended or physical spaces are closed. This is... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- Moody Teen or Mood Disorder: How to Spot the DifferenceWith all of the changes that an adolescent’s body goes through, it’s common for teens to experience mood swings from time to time. However, sometimes what appears as typical teenage moodiness can actually be warning signs of a developing mood disorder such as depression or bipolar disorder. Understanding and recognizing... Read more »