When parents are looking at residential treatment options for their child, an out-of-state placement can feel like a last resort. But actually, parents find that having their child attend treatment outside of South Dakota can have a profound impact on their success and future. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This well-respected Colorado residential treatment program helps teenage boys ages 14-17 from South Dakota and all over the United States.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. Our beautiful location north of Denver provides a peaceful and welcoming space for our students.
With our leadership team onsite, you know that we are providing support, guidance, and relational connection with our entire extended family at Red Mountain Colorado. Our relationship-based small program combined with evidenced-based approaches gives students an understanding of true healing and authentic, healthy relationships.
Our relationship-based approach guides everything we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help each student recognize that the relationship they have with their own self is foundational for the rest of the relationships they have in their lives. This sets the stage for learning about self-care and self-regulation, which will be important for each student’s long-term success and healing.
If Red Mountain Colorado sounds like the help your South Dakota child needs, please reach out to learn more about our holistic residential treatment center. Our dedicated team is ready to discuss your child’s situation and share how we can help at (877) 302-5022.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your teen from South Dakota need some time to work through his issues related to maladaptive coping behaviors? And are you concerned that these issues are further complicated by his other mental health concerns? If this describes your teen, Red Mountain Colorado is something that could help your child and your family. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our whole-person approach offers long-lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. And even though our top residential treatment center is outside of South Dakota, we help teens from all over, including teens from South Dakota.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. By using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps teens work through the issues that are beneath the surface that led them to our residential treatment center. We utilize these approaches in order to help students heal in a holistic way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
With this combination of modalities, our residential treatment center ensures that teens from South Dakota are able to utilize the approaches that best work for their unique situation and needs.
- Having Conversations Around Mental Health With Your ChildAmerica is facing an ongoing mental health crisis and teenagers are among some of the hardest hit groups for mental disorders. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five teenagers between 14-18 will experience at least one severe mental disorder during their life. Having open lines of... Read more »
- Panic Attacks: What They Are and How To HelpIf you are the parent of an anxious teen, your child could be particularly vulnerable to experiencing panic attacks. Panic attacks can occur out of the blue, so to best help your teen navigate through these frightening experiences, it’s important to know what they are and how to provide coping... Read more »
- The Healing Journey: How To Help Teens Overcome Childhood TraumaTraumatic experiences in children are surprisingly common, with over 60% of teenagers ages 14-17 having experienced at least one traumatic event in their lives. These events can be described as distressing experiences that result in long-term negative impacts on physical and emotional well-being. If your child has suffered through a... Read more »