Parents that are looking at an out-of-state placement may feel as though this is a last-ditch treatment option. On the contrary, having your child attend treatment outside of Texas can be one of the most loving decisions you’ll ever make. The right program will make you feel closer than ever before, no matter how far away he is. A top residential treatment center for adolescents that have trauma related issues is Red Mountain Colorado. This well-respected Colorado residential treatment program helps teenage boys ages 14-17 from Texas and all over the United States.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
Our leadership team is onsite with our staff and your child, ensuring they are receiving the relational support needed to grow and heal. Our relationship-based small program combined with evidenced-based approaches gives students an understanding of true healing and authentic, healthy relationships.
This relationship-based work is infused into all parts of our programming at Red Mountain Colorado. We help students understand that the relationship they have with themselves underpins all the other relationships in their lives. This then easily dovetails with learning self-regulation and self-care skills, which are critical for our students’ future healing and success.
If Red Mountain Colorado sounds like the help your Texas child needs, please reach out to learn more about our holistic residential treatment center. Our dedicated team is ready to discuss your child’s situation and share how we can help at (877) 302-5022.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your son from Texas need time to work through his behavioral issues issues? And are you concerned that these issues are further complicated by his other mental health concerns? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our teen-focused residential treatment center serves boys ages 14-17 that are struggling with trauma, depression, and more. Our holistic approach to healing offers lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is set in a lovely town just north of Denver. Even though our residential treatment center for boys is out of Texas, we serve clients from around the country, including Texas.
At our top residential treatment center, we believe that in order to heal, we need to consider this a whole-person experience. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. Using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps students access the underlying issues that brought them here. We use the following approaches to help teens heal in a whole-person way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using this variety of therapeutic modalities, our residential treatment center helps Texas teens find the approaches that work best for them and their individual needs.
- Having Conversations Around Mental Health With Your ChildAmerica is facing an ongoing mental health crisis and teenagers are among some of the hardest hit groups for mental disorders. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five teenagers between 14-18 will experience at least one severe mental disorder during their life. Having open lines of... Read more »
- Adventure Therapy: Safe, Fun, and MeaningfulThe term adventure therapy applies to a wide range of experiential outdoor therapy modalities. It works well with other treatments in improving self-esteem, empathy, and overall mental health. Imagine spending an afternoon hiking through the mountains: Beautiful, vibrant trees and plant life are all around you and the smell of... Read more »
- How to Get Creative with Fun Activities During QuarantineSocial distancing and quarantining have changed the way many of our families live their day to day lives. Many parents are working from home and children are doing online learning. Many of the activities we enjoyed doing as a family are now suspended or physical spaces are closed. This is... Read more »