When parents are looking at residential treatment options for their child, an out-of-state placement can feel like a last resort. But it’s actually the opposite – having your child receive treatment away from Utah can be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. With the right program, you will feel closer to your son than you ever have, no matter the distance. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This top Colorado residential program for struggling teens works with Utah teenage boys ages 14-17 years old.
Red Mountain Colorado is an innovative residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
With our leadership team onsite, you know that we are providing support, guidance, and relational connection with our entire extended family at Red Mountain Colorado. This small-program atmosphere coupled with our evidence-based and holistic approaches provides an unparalleled treatment experience for our students.
Our relationship-based approach guides everything we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We help students understand that the relationship they have with themselves underpins all the other relationships in their lives. This allows us to transition into teaching self-care and self-regulation skills, as they will be important for each boy’s long-term health and healing.
If Red Mountain Colorado might be right for your child from Utah, please call to find out more about our comprehensive residential treatment center. Our dedicated team is ready to discuss your child’s situation and share how we can help at (877) 302-5022.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your Utah teen need to take time to work on his issues around risky behaviors? Are you worried that these issues are worsened by other mental health issues? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center is focused teens only and we serve boys ages 14-17 that are having a difficult time with trauma, anxiety, and depression. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is located in the beautiful town of Greeley just north of Denver. Although our leading residential treatment center is located away from Utah, we work with teens from around the country, including from Utah.
At our leading residential treatment center, we believe healing is a whole-person experience. This means we can’t “just” focus on the behavior that brought our students here – though that is an important consideration – it means that we need to understand and heal the underlying issues surrounding each student’s trauma. Using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps students access the underlying issues that brought them here. We utilize these approaches in order to help students heal in a holistic way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
With this combination of modalities, our residential treatment center ensures that teens from Utah are able to utilize the approaches that best work for their unique situation and needs.
- The Healing Journey: How To Help Teens Overcome Childhood TraumaTraumatic experiences in children are surprisingly common, with over 60% of teenagers ages 14-17 having experienced at least one traumatic event in their lives. These events can be described as distressing experiences that result in long-term negative impacts on physical and emotional well-being. If your child has suffered through a... Read more »
- Is There A Cure for Depression in Teens?Depression is often colloquially characterized as feeling low and gloomy, but in more extreme cases, depression is a diagnosable mental health condition that incorporates intense feelings of despair, worthlessness, and hopelessness. If your teen is experiencing some of these unrelenting feelings, it can impact her ability to lead a happy... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »