When parents are looking at residential treatment options for their child, an out-of-state placement can feel like a last resort. But actually, parents find that having their child attend treatment outside of Vermont can have a profound impact on their success and future. With the right program, you will feel closer to your son than you ever have, no matter the distance. One of the best residential treatment centers for teenage boys struggling with trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This well-respected Colorado residential treatment program helps teenage boys ages 14-17 from Vermont and all over the United States.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. At our scenic location just north of Denver, we have a welcoming and tranquil place for students to heal.
With our leadership team onsite, you know that we are providing support, guidance, and relational connection with our entire extended family at Red Mountain Colorado. Our small-program feel combined with evidence-based and whole-person approaches offers true connection and meaningful relationships, which leads to therapeutic success for our students.
This relationship-based work is infused into all parts of our programming at Red Mountain Colorado. We work with each student to help them understand that all the relationships in their lives are built upon the relationship they have with themselves. This then easily dovetails with learning self-regulation and self-care skills, which are critical for our students’ future healing and success.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your Vermont teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our caring team is available at (877) 302-5022 to discuss your family’s situation and share how we can help.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your Vermont teen need to take time to work on his issues around risky behaviors? Are you worried that these issues are worsened by other mental health issues? If this is the case, Red Mountain Colorado could be just what you and your family need. Our residential treatment center for teenage boys works with 14-17 year-olds that are experiencing struggles with behavioral and emotional issues. Our person-centered approach to care offers lasting results.
Red Mountain Colorado is based in a picturesque town north of Denver. And even though our top residential treatment center is outside of Vermont, we help teens from all over, including teens from Vermont.
At our leading residential treatment center, we believe healing is a whole-person experience. This means that while we do need to focus on the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s equally important to look beyond those behaviors and address the underlying core beliefs that have led teens to use substances to cope. Using evidence-based approaches, Red Mountain Colorado helps students access the underlying issues that brought them here. We use these approaches to guide each student’s healing process:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
Using these modalities in combination with one another, our residential treatment center helps Vermont teens achieve healing by identifying the approaches that best meet their unique needs.
- The Healing Journey: How To Help Teens Overcome Childhood TraumaTraumatic experiences in children are surprisingly common, with over 60% of teenagers ages 14-17 having experienced at least one traumatic event in their lives. These events can be described as distressing experiences that result in long-term negative impacts on physical and emotional well-being. If your child has suffered through a... Read more »
- How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental HealthWhen we think of yoga, the first things that come to mind may be spandex and patchouli, but yoga is actually a much deeper practice than what we see in mainstream media. Yoga consists of more than just the asana, or physical, part of the practice. It also includes pranayama... Read more »
- How to Get Creative with Fun Activities During QuarantineSocial distancing and quarantining have changed the way many of our families live their day to day lives. Many parents are working from home and children are doing online learning. Many of the activities we enjoyed doing as a family are now suspended or physical spaces are closed. This is... Read more »