When parents are looking at residential treatment options for their child, an out-of-state placement can feel like a last resort. On the contrary, having your child attend treatment outside of Wyoming can be one of the most loving decisions you’ll ever make. With your child at the right program, your relationship will be stronger than ever before and you will feel closer to him, regardless of where he is located. One of the top residential treatment centers for trauma is Red Mountain Colorado. This well-respected Colorado residential treatment program helps teenage boys ages 14-17 from Wyoming and all over the United States.
Red Mountain Colorado offers a unique approach at our residential treatment center for boys. Our beautiful location north of Denver provides a peaceful and welcoming space for our students.
And with our leadership team on campus, we ensure that your child is receiving the relational and clinical support they need to heal and thrive. This small-program atmosphere coupled with our evidence-based and holistic approaches provides an unparalleled treatment experience for our students.
Our relationship-based approach guides everything we do at Red Mountain Colorado. We work with each student to help them understand that all the relationships in their lives are built upon the relationship they have with themselves. This sets the stage for learning about self-care and self-regulation, which will be important for each student’s long-term success and healing.
If you think Red Mountain Colorado could be the right fit for your Wyoming teen, call today to learn more about our leading residential treatment center. Our dedicated team is ready to discuss your child’s situation and share how we can help at (877) 302-5022.
Whole-Person Healing at Red Mountain Colorado’s Residential Treatment Center
Does your son from Wyoming need time to work through his behavioral issues issues? Do you feel like these issues are compounded by other mental health concerns? If so, Red Mountain Colorado might be just the thing you and your family need right now. Our residential treatment center for teenage boys works with 14-17 year-olds that are experiencing struggles with behavioral and emotional issues. Our holistic approach to healing offers lasting change.
Red Mountain Colorado is set in a lovely town just north of Denver. And even though our top residential treatment center is outside of Wyoming, we help teens from all over, including teens from Wyoming.
As a leading residential treatment center, we believe that change comes from within and that the entire person should be considered in the healing process. While it’s important that we address the behaviors that brought our students here, it’s also important that we look past those concerns to understand and heal the internal issues that are truly causing the externalizing behaviors. With evidence-based modalities, Red Mountain Colorado works with teens to address the underlying issues that brought them to our residential treatment center. We use the following approaches to help teens heal in a whole-person way:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Equine Therapy
- 12 Steps Work
- Art Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Mindfulness-based practices like meditation and yoga
With this combination of modalities, our residential treatment center ensures that teens from Wyoming are able to utilize the approaches that best work for their unique situation and needs.
- How To Use Music When You Feel OverwhelmedBeing a teenager can feel constantly overwhelming as adolescents try to balance school, home, and social responsibilities. To help ease the pressures they are feeling, it can be beneficial to identify healthy methods of coping with stress and anxiety. One coping mechanism that can have positive outcomes is music therapy. The... Read more »
- Emotion Coaching for Parents: How to Be a Better CommunicatorAs parents, we sometimes believe that we have to protect our children from our own worries and emotions. And while there are certain things that adults need to deal with and adolescents don’t, it is important for children to understand that their parents have feelings too. Parents with strong emotional... Read more »
- Having Conversations Around Mental Health With Your ChildAmerica is facing an ongoing mental health crisis and teenagers are among some of the hardest hit groups for mental disorders. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five teenagers between 14-18 will experience at least one severe mental disorder during their life. Having open lines of... Read more »